Modernizing the Producer Licensing System: Webinar Archive Now Available
Thank you to those who attended PIA National's November 15, 2011 webinar about the developements to modernize the producer licensing system. The resources below are intended to assist both attendees of the webinar as well as those who were unable to attend. This webinar was sponsored by the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- Webinar Slideshow (PDF version)
Questions about this issue can be directed to PIA National at our dedicated producer licensing email address: email@example.com
PIA supports modernizing the existing regulation of producer licensing through state insurance departments. This system has proven to be the most effective system for protecting consumers and maintaining a vibrant marketplace for industry. PIA:
- Is committed to achieving a modern, nationwide insurance producer licensing system utilizing model laws and regulations such as the Producer Licensing Model Act (PLMA) and electronic facilitators, such as the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR).
- Supports state based efforts to increase licensing reciprocity and uniformity.
- Supports narrowly targeted federal legislation, such as NARAB II, that would facilitate reciprocity without creating a new federal insurance bureaucracy.
- Supports the efforts of state organizations, such as NCOIL and the NAIC, to promote uniform state laws and regulations.
Thanks to Our Sponsor:
PIA National thanks the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) for sponsoring the Producer Licensing section of our website.